BestPublicHealthSchools.org was founded in 2012 with the idea of providing superior quality resources for individuals interested in receiving a public health education.
Formal education in public health takes place in medical schools, veterinary schools, schools of nursing, schools of public health, and schools of public affairs. It typically involves a degree in biostatistics, epidemiology, health services administration, health policy, health education, behavioral science, or environmental health.
Some facts about the state of public health are listed below.
- Life expectancy at birth increased globally by 6 years since 1990
- Around 6.6 million children under the age of 5 die each year
- Preterm birth is the leading killer of newborn babies worldwide
- Cardiovascular diseases are the leading causes of death in the world
- Most HIV/AIDS deaths occur in Africa
- Every day, about 800 women die due to complications of pregnancy and childbirth
- Mental health disorders such as depression are among the 20 leading causes of disability worldwide
- Tobacco kills nearly 6 million people each year
- Almost 1 in 10 adults has diabetes
- Nearly 3500 people die from road traffic crashes every day
If you have questions or suggestions about how we can make this site more useful, please contact us.